Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day


Another Mother's Day has come and gone without a single photo of me and my kids. Oh well! It was a great day anyway. I awoke to a fabulous breakfast prepared by three up and coming chefs. Fresh fruit and toast made in the microwave(they can't use the oven and insisted on no help from Dad).

After church Ryan prepared a great lunch from me, Gram and Grandma. It was delicious! After a quick visit to my grandmother we were treated to a Mother's Day Concert prepared by the Tyree Three.

"These Tyree's Have Got Talent"

The kids gave me some flowers planted in a mug and a coupon book from school. Apparently, the high pitch of my voice indicated to Ansley that I loved my gift as she related to her teacher upon her return to school. And I quote "Mrs. Thomas, when I gave my mommy her gift, she talked in a really high voice. . . that means she liked it." I also got a hammock for the back yard for us to use on those long, lazy summer days (which I can not wait for)!


Unfortunately, Denise was in the hospital recovering from an emergency appendectomy on Saturday, and we didn't make it to see her. As the kids were talking to her that night. Aydan replied that we didn't get to see her or Nanny on Mother's Day, so he didn't get to see everyone!


I am grateful for all the mothers in my life and in the lives of my children. Each of you has made a difference in our lives and for that we are truly grateful!



Happy Mother's Day to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment