Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Sick Bunch of Kids

So Sick and So Tired!


In seven years, I have never had kids so sick. . . . This one is a story that must be remembered. . . before I conveniently block it from memory! Aydan began running a fever somewhere between the breakfast table and brushing his teeth for school on Friday. Since a "mystery illness" had been plaguing his class all week, I just said a prayer of Thanks that he and Ansley had made it through Standardized Testing without missing a day of school and geared up for a sick day.


By that afternoon his temperature was still quite high and Ansley came home very tired.

By Friday night/Saturday morning he WAS SICK. Ansley was still tired and ill but no fever. I was afraid it was coming. Saturday morning Ryan and I somehow mangaged to get Aydan to the doctor, Ansley to her required ballet class and Brody to swim lessons. Aydan had strep throat and they told me if Ansley started to run a fever or had the same symptoms to start her on antibiotic too which she did late Saturday. They three ILL children (Brody for good measure!) I finally gave up, and since it was one of the few warm/dry days of the Spring I filled their little pool up with cold water (which I convinced myself would help with the fevers and my sanity). It has always worked in the past. Well not today as you can see by the looks on their faces. It was either laugh or cry (we did a little of both)!


After a change in type of antibiotics on Monday, Ansley got much better and returned to school Tuesday. Aydan on the other continued to get worse, with crazy symptoms and a perpetual fever of 101.5 or higher to go along with them. I was WORRIED. Needless to say much of my prayer time was concentrated on that child for days. On Tuesday, Brody began with a fever which gave me a chance to take Aydan back. The doctor said Brody had a sinus infection, but no strep (go figure) and Aydan most likely had a bad virus on top of strep. So yep that's right three kids and three different illnesses. They felt so horrible and I felt so helpless.

Two Sick Boys


Here we are one week later and Aydan is finally better and has returned to school. Brody is on the mend and hopefully this is one illness never to be repeated. But I still consider myself blessed that I have been given the opportunity to take care of these three amazing blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment