Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We Miss You Daddy


Waiting for Daddy to come back!


As I mentioned in the previous post, Ryan left to go back to work today. He'll be back in a week, which normally flies by before I realize it at home. However, our deliberate actions to not have ANYTHING to interfere with family time while at the beach left me with little to focus on today but the kids. That is exactly what I wanted, but as Ryan walked out of the door this morning I felt incredibly anxious and sad. I guess I was overly emotional today and spent the better part of the day tearing up at the slightest thing. It became so comical that Aydan went around saying "Don't do it . . .Don't cry again mommy." The fountain overflowed when Ansley begged to watch Little House on the Prairie during nap time, which I knew was not a good idea for me today.


When I talked to Ryan later today I said that I missed him because I needed him. . . His response was of course you need me. I could tell by his tone he was thinking to fight with sunscreen opposition, give baths, occupy kids while I tend to tasks, etc. What I meant was and the kids verbalized so much better than I can today. . . . .something is missing ? I have always made fun of the movie Jerry Maguire and the infamous phrase " You Complete Me" ~ but I realized today it is true. I am not not complete without Ryan and therefore our family is not complete.





With so much local news of late and with Father's Day now past, I want to say how much I admire and pray more fervently for my MB and her girls as they look forward to Scott's return after serving for one year in Iraq. I pray for families who have lost their husband and fathers in recent weeks and for families that are on the verge of collapse. I can not imagine the incredible emotions they must have in dealing with a much more profound time of separation and so I pray even more for them this week and in the weeks to come. I am so glad I don't have to worry about Ryan's saftey or when or if he will return but that doesn't mean we don't miss him. So we decided to send you a little message ! We Miss You Daddy!






No comments:

Post a Comment