Riding the Waves
I have finally found the time to sit and post about our "marathon beach trip" as most of our family and friends refer to it.
Wow ~ How much fun can you pack into 16 days! Way too much list. .. . . so I'll just try to list the highlights. The water was GREAT (clear and mostly calm) for the entire time which has not been the case in recent trips so all three kids had a great time playing in the surf.
Papa and Denise's beach house is beautiful and feels like home. The kids enjoyed the bunk beds and the trolley to the beach was a life saver.
We enjoyed our time with MaryBeth and the girls and have way too many funny stories and way too few pictures to show for our time with 7 kids and 3 adults. I think the overwhelming favorite was the boat ride with one of HB and her husband around the harbor. I hope to have those pictures soon!
We enjoyed a FANTASTIC FOURTH OF JULY watching three(3) consecutive fireworks displays from the side of the bridge in Destin! There was something about watching the fireworks burst high in the sky above the harbor to give you a new perspective on how blessed we are to live in the United States of America. In all the grandeour there was a remarkable silence as others no doubt as I were pondering the amazement and wonder and admiration for those over the generations who given so much to preserve the freedoms we have today!
There were of course numerous trips to Krispy Kreme and two stops at the amusement park as I now officially have all BIG KIDS ( they can all ride the gocarts and A/A can even drive them)!
Taking over Krispy Kreme!
Here we are on our test run before Aydan and Ansley took off in their own cars!
We had lots of late nights, lots of reading and games. Aydan and Ansley learned to play LIFE and were particulary amused when I made it all the way to retirement without ever having any kids!!! Go figure. In the same game, even funnier still was the fact that both of my twins ended up with twins during the game Aydan with two boys and Ansley opted for two girls!
We can't wait to go back. .. . . . I am not real sure how long would be long enough for this crew at the beach. Maybe we'll stay longer next summer to try and find out!




No comments:
Post a Comment