Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life According to Brody

Look at Me!!

Brody is definately the comedian in the bunch! I have no clue where he gets it, but it sure makes life fun around our house.


A few weeks ago I absolutely had to do some gardening. Unfortunately our garden is not at our house. So, on a 90 degree day, I headed to the garden with snacks, movies for the car, and three tired kids. We had gone to a Braves game the night before and on the car ride to the game I had cleaned out Brody's backpack/diaper bag. In a small hidden pocket I found a "me me", which is a pacifier for those who don't know Brodyspeak. I didn't think a thing about it and tossed it in the cup holder of the van. As luck would have it while I was in the garden I heard Brody excitedly mumble MOMMY, MOMMY WOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! I ran to the van thinking he had found some of the treat candy I had purchased at the grocery store. I found him quite happy enjoying his found treasure. When I said oh my what do you have there? "His response was "my me me and don't I look silly ~ take my picture", which I promptly did and relished the moment while he still looked like my baby. I have to admit it was hard asking for it back, but he didn't seem to mind and was too distracted by Aydan and Ansley's undivided attention as they laughed with him.


His latest Brody interpretation occured on Sunday. . . We were at my dad and Denise's celebrating Laura and my birthdays which are 5 days apart. We had homemade icecream and all of the toppings. I lined the kids up and asked them if they wanted ice cream sundays, to which Brody kept saying no thank you. . . . .I kept saying are you sure, and he kept saying no thank you mommy. I know he LOVES ice cream so in one last attempt I said Brody are you sure you don't want an ice cream sunday to which he responded so politely "No thank you mommy, I don't want an ice cream Sunday, but I'll have an ice cream on Wednesday." We all laughed to the point of tears and I hope you are too!


1 comment:

  1. Too funny... I miss that little guy! We need to get together for some preschool time now that "big" school has started.

    ReplyDelete