Saturday, April 18, 2009

Brody Is Three

Brody April 12, 2006 ~ Wow how he's grown!!!!
Brody's Birthday Pose
Making a Wish and Blowing Out the Candles



Better late than never. . . that seems to be my motto. . . . .

I just realized I did not recognize Brody's big "3rd" birthday as of yet. There are probably many reasons for that, none of them really all that important but none the less. . .

Brody is now three years old as of Easter Sunday. We celebrated the Saturday before with an Egg Hunt and Scavenger Hunt(for the older kids). Brody had a great time, but he and I have spent the rest of this week readjusting to "normal" life. Between all of the trip excitment, birthday fun and sugary foods it has taken the better part of one week to get back to normal.


We wrapped up birthday week with a trip to see our pediatrician yesterday. Brody was very proud to show off his "big boy underwear" for the 2nd time. He had to go to get a shot right after he was potty trained and has already shown the doctor his big boy pants. The doctor was so kind as to humor him and when he asked Brody where he got his new underwear Brody responded with " I have not got a clue". . . and Brody's time in the spotlight continued from there. A short 30 minutes later we all left laughing at his hilarious answers to the developmental questions posed by the doctor. (ie. Are you boy or a girl? to which Brody responded a boy, what do you think Ansley is? The docotor replied. . . I don't know what do you think she is . . . To which Brody replied she is a girl sister" . . . I have no idea where he gets his humor.

Someone in the Bahamas told me that Brody was truly a blessed child to be born on such a blessed day (having an Easter Birthday is not something most people experience I suppose!) I thought that was such a sweet remark, but in hindsight I realize we are the blessed ones by having such an amazing child. Brody has brought so much laughter and joy to our family and for that we are the blessed ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment