I can hardly believe the kids are 8 and so grown up.
The kids were given two options to celebrate their birthday this year. . .. .
Option One: The full scale blow out combo party or two separate celebrations as we have traditionally done on the weekend of their birthday.
or
Option Two: We could use that money toward a Nintendo Wii and a Fall Break Trip to the Beach!
The quickly opted for the "big" gift and trip to the beach (They are definately my kids!)
The only reservation was they each wanted to make sure they had their own cake, which tickled me to death, since I spend great time and care planning and making their cakes each year!
So, we planned a small get together for cake and ice cream with our family on Sunday following their birthday.
Even without the blow out . . . . We were still partied out.
The celebrating started on Wednesday and continued until Sunday!
The twins teacher is so considerate, that she wanted to give Ansley and Aydan their "own" day to celebrate with their friends at school. In a true chilvarous moment, Aydan allowed Ansley to go first on Wednesday,where she was teacher's helper, got to set the schedule for the day at school, and then celebrated with her favorite Chocolate Gananche cake and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert after lunch! (Again . . . she is my child )!
Thursday morning (their actual birthday) they were treated to a pancake breakfast, complete with candles by Gram!
Aydan followed on Thursday with the same fan fare and brownies and fruit for a special afternoon treat!
Sunday we had a football/princess castle cake party, complete with some Wii action and family!
After all the baking and baking and baking and our regular soccer/ballet/church obligations I was incredibly grateful for Aydan and Ansley's friend Kelsi (who is a amazing young lady) to volunteer to help me decorate the cakes. She is in high school and taking cake decorating classes, in hopes of one day being a pastry chef. Ryan says he can't wait to see her on Cake Challenge. So I dropped the cakes off and picked them back up decorated and ready for the party. Wow what a help that was and they were BEAUTIFUL! Thanks Kelsi!
I am still recovering and their are still gifts scattered across the living room a week later!
Our low key birthday was lots of fun and not as low key as the kids thought! I think it worked out beautifully and hope they feel as special and celebrated as they deserve to feel.
Happy Birthday Aydan and Ansley! I love you both!





No comments:
Post a Comment